Innovative senior executive with a consistent reputation of improving operational performance, managing high risk situations and driving organizational change. With over 20 years of executive leadership experience resulting in promotion to Rear Admiral, established a proven record of accomplishment through focused coordination of strategic communication, planning and technology in high stakes environments. Executive strengths include:
|Team Building||Risk Management & Decision Making||International Engagement|
|Resource Management||Complex Problem Solving||Public & Media Relations|
|Government Relations||Strategic Planning||Program & Project Management|
- BS, Computer Science, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- Graduate, Joint and Combined Studies, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
- Certificate, Joint and Combined Warfighting, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, VA
- Graduate, Aviation Safety Course, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA
- Certificate, Capitol Hill Fellowship Program, Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
- Served as congressional fellow for Senator McCain representing naval aviation in all congressional matters. Developed a comprehensive congressional engagement plan conveying the Secretary of Navy and Chief of Naval Operations’ agendas on the most critical topics including Strike Fighter shortfall and aircraft carrier legislation. Cultivated an unsurpassed network of contacts with members of Congress and professional staffs of the Armed Services Committees that enabled success at every stage of the legislative process.
- Successfully consolidated the two largest fighter squadrons on the West coast resulting in the largest individual squadron in the DOD, consisting of 109 fighter jets and 1,300 personnel, while safely reducing overall manning requirements by 24% providing necessary manpower to facilitate the Navy’s newest fighter jet program, Joint Strike Fighter.
- Conceived and developed the Chief of Naval Air Training (CNATRA) “20/20 vision” to implement the latest live, virtual, constructive and software learning technologies throughout CNATRA’s training systems resulting in ongoing savings while producing a higher quality pilot in less time.
- Led Carrier Air Wing Nine through two successful 8-month combat deployments in a 21- month period, culminating in the “Ramage” award, recognizing the best Air Wing/Aircraft Carrier team in the United States Navy.
- Launched and funded comprehensive analysis of the cumulative radar effects of wind farm developments on flight operation safety in South Texas resulting in first-ever favorable legislation passed in protection of aviation students and the surrounding communities.
- Expanded and refined a program (CATAPULT) to organize data from thousands of data feeds allowing complex predictive analysis leading to enhanced capabilities and decision making. Recently recognized as a Program of Record and a new government standard.
VICE PRESIDENT OF THE AMERICAS FOR CAVU INTERNATIONAL 2019 – Present
JOINT IMPROVISED THREAT DEFEAT ORGANIZATION 2017 – 2019
Director of Operations and Intelligence | Washington, D.C.
Enabled Defense Department to counter improvised threats with tactical responsiveness and anticipatory technical acquisition in support of counter terrorism/insurgency/improvised threats.
Selected as the DoD lead to defeat improvised threat networks and small Unmanned Air Systems globally. Provided technical, flexible ideas and capabilities to rapidly respond to current and future battlefield problems. Responsible for an annual budget of over $700M and 1,300 personnel.
|CHIEF OF NAVAL AIR TRAINING||2015-2017|
Commander | Corpus Christi, TX
Commander for all undergraduate flight officers and enlisted aircrew training for the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and foreign nationals resulting in 4,000 graduate pilots, flight officers and air crewmen. Led 5 training air wings, 17 training squadrons consisting of over 700 aircraft, 7,000 personnel and the Naval Flight Demonstration Squadron, The Blue Angels. Fiscally responsible for over $2B in capital assets.
|COMMANDER NAVAL AIR FORCES||2013-2015|
Chief of Staff | Coronado, CA
Provided daily leadership, guidance, direction and management to a staff of over 600 personnel supporting a claimancy of 48,000 personnel. Direct oversight of 5 aircraft carriers and associated air wings. Directed and managed multibillion-dollar budget for all of Naval Aviation during turbulent fiscal years to include sequestration.
|CARRIER AIR WING NINE||2011-2013|
Commander | Lemoore, CA
Competitively selected to lead one of the Navy’s ten Carrier Air Wings ultimately responsible for all Operations, Maintenance, Safety and Training. Managed 1,800 personnel, an operating budget over $150M and 73 aircraft (capital assets over $3.9B). Led two overseas, combat deployments during periods of fiscal/resource constraint with zero aircraft mishaps or personnel fatalities.
- Commanding Officer, Strike/Fighter Squadron ONE TWO TWO, Lemoore, CA, 2009-2011
- Congressional Liaison Officer, Office of Legislative Affairs, Washington D.C., 2007-2009
- Commanding Officer, Strike/Fighter Squadron FOUR ONE, Lemoore, CA, 2006-2007
- Senior Anti-Terrorism Policy Officer, Joint Staff, Washington D.C., 2001-2003
- Legislative Fellow to Senator John S. McCain, U.S. Senate, 2000-2001