Safety and Performance Coach
- Tom excelled from his entry level position to becoming the number 2 enlisted person in the entire U.S. Navy, his ability to relate to everyone, regardless of position, makes him a high value asset for any company.
- He has traveled throughout the world mentoring, coaching and advising both military and civilian personnel. His 30 years of military experience and 3 years of heavy industry experience reinforcing contractor Safety Management Programs (SMPs) provide a well-balanced approach to procedure based cultures in the work site environment.
- He is exceptionally well suited to apply senior organizational expertise to support safety and risk management consulting for any complex organization.
- Retired from Naval service in 2011, he continues to be requested for speaking engagements to unit level and staff level organizations on leadership topics. Has most recently been requested as the Senior Enlisted Mentor for the Commander of the Pacific Fleet’s 2017 Fleet Commanders Conference in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
- OSHA 30-Hr Outreach Training for the Construction Industry
- Senior Enlisted Keystone at National Defense University, 2005
- Navy Corporate Business Course at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2003
- Franklin Covey’s Principle Centered Leadership course, Provo, UT, 2003
- Naval War College- Senior Enlisted Academy, Newport, R.I., 2001
Certifications: OSHA 30, Active Top Secret security clearance 2017
- Provides coaching & mentoring to all levels of leadership in high performance/reliability organizations, covering operational discipline to include planning, communication, execution, debriefs and lessons learned for normal & emergency operations.
- Served as the Senior Enlisted Principle Advisor to the Commander, United States Fleet Forces Command, a 4-star Flag Officer/CEO equivalent, 2009-2010, responsible for programs, policies, health and welfare of over 200,000 officer and enlisted Sailors and their families throughout the Atlantic Fleet and subsequent areas of responsibility.
- Served as the Senior Enlisted Principle Advisor to the Commander, United States Pacific Fleet, a 4-star Flag Officer/CEO equivalent, 2007-2009, responsible for programs, policies, health and welfare of over 150,000 officer and enlisted Sailors and their families throughout the Pacific Fleet (an area encompassing over 100 million square miles).
- Provided assessments, audits, critiques and information on myriad issues affecting the quality of professional and personal aspects of US Navy personnel and their families.
- From 1991-2007, Tom “Boats” Howard had worked in various organizations performing audits/inspections within the Deck Departments for 7 different U.S. Aircraft Carriers on areas ranging from painting and maintenance, cargo handling, crane operations, rigging, underway refueling operations, anchoring and mooring and administrative compliance to policies and procedures.